View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45   #1
Bentex
Inactive

Services: Tivo (M+), BB (L), Phone (M)
Bentex is on a distinguished roadBentex is on a distinguished road
Concern about the speed increase!

I'm a firm believer of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I'm currently on 10Mb and it's more than enough for me! 10 yrs or so ago I used to pay 35quid a month for just 1Mb. So I've been a happy chap for a long time. To have good broadband at a reliable price. My only complaint would be that the upload could be faster.

Reading some threads here and other places I fear the speed increase will come at a cost. Currently my speed gets throttled if I download too much. This very rarely happens though! I get the impression it'll get throttled more often?!?! Is that really what I can expect??

In the future I want to upload movies to my family in Australia and USA. I'm worried that after One or two upload I'll be throttled and it'll be very frustrating. Likewise, after I downloaded a couple I'll be throttled as well. While currently It's 3 or 4 movies before this happens.

Should I look elsewhere? What do you think is the best option for around 15-25 pounds a month? (considering what I need it for).
Bentex is offline   Reply With Quote