View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:20   #8
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: virgin cable in my close

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc05 View Post
hi, i may be moving in a few weeks into a home in a private close that was built in 2007, i have checked for virgin media services and it says it is not in a cable area. from the research i have done the 11 or so houses in this close are the only homes that do not get virgin cable services. all of other other homes within a mile radius of the 11 houses do get cable from virgin and i am in need of fast broadband that they offer.

the close is not big at all either.

is there anything i can do?

i just cant see my self living with the estimated 3.5mbits from BT and the other non fibre providers
If you are in a private road then it's a question of whether your neighbours are prepared to have the road and their driveways dug up. Most private roads were left out of original build, as when cable started years ago it was TV only and the residents elected not to have the ducting installed. Most private roads therefore just have a terminating cab at the end of the road and that's it.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote