View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 19:16   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Anonymous caller reject...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
I've had this service for some time and, up until recently, it performed pretty well. Of late, however, I notice that there are calls getting through and when I 1471 I get the message "We do not have the callers number".

This happened this evening and I rang VM customer services (Punjab branch) only to be told that I should phone the (FREE) TPS and register with them to make sure that I didn't receive any further calls.

When I asked why VM were charging me for a service which the CS operator themselves admitted was not fit for purpose and which they advised thre TPS offer for free "People can withhold their number and get around our system but not the TPS system" there was a strunned silence.

Can any of the "in house" boffins who frequent CF explain the rationale?

Over to you chaps / chapettes.
"We do not have the callers number" means just that, the caller didn't with-hold it, but just didn't transmit it, these are normally overseas call centres

If someone in the UK has their number automatically with-held, then they will not be able to call you, unless they release their number first.

Anyone dialling 141 before calling will also be rejected from calling your line.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote