View Single Post
Old 13-04-2010, 18:22   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: 3 Weeks to replace 5 metres of phone cable !!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
I’ve got to say up until now we’ve always had good service from NTL/Virgin when there’s been a problem with the TV service. For the first time yesterday the phone went down. Call was booked for am, engineer turns up at 4pm, good start. Line tester showing no signal getting from the omnibox to the master socket, just over 5m of cable needing to be replaced. Engineer said we get a call between 8 – 9 the next morning to arrange to get it replaced. My father phoned the call centre just after 10, having heard nothing. The call centre said they would chase it up. Another two hours pass & still no response. So he calls again, and the call centre offer to fix a date there and then. The earliest date they can offer us is 29th (which is not convenient for us) so we now have to wait until 4th May to get our phone service back. They’ve agreed to suspend the line rental charges, but we now have to contact all our relatives/friends etc, and tell them to use our mobile numbers. Major inconvenience !
Must be being done as a SRO (Special Request Order)... I guess the tech wouldn't have the tools or the time to do anything there and then to replace cables... SRO's do have a longer lead time.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote