View Single Post
Old 31-10-2016, 20:24   #2315
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
no government needs a back seat driver :
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. When everyone else was sleeping, only two people seemed to be doing anything on Brexit morn. Nigel Farage was in evidence and Mark Carney was busy doing his job providing reassurance to the markets. His reward has been to be attacked by Brexiters but he correctly has identified that the campaign against him damages the UK's interests and reduces confidence in a weakened economy. The weakness of the Pound reflects this.
I think he should be supported and not sniped at. In supporting him, we will be supporting the UK economy and hopefully the Pound can start to climb back up from its current 31-year low.
But I admit that every time I hear Theresa May saying he has her full confidence, he sounds like a football manager who's about to be sacked.
For the sake of the UK, I hope he stays.

[Edited at 21:17 - correction from Mike to Mark, credit to eagle-eyed papa smurf]

Last edited by 1andrew1; 31-10-2016 at 21:18.