View Single Post
Old 17-12-2016, 00:06   #2421
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

I believe you do need to have the v6s connected to virgin media broadband for it it to work. I understand from the helpful technicians they currently have supporting that the v6 does check for this - in fact, it consequently wont even work behind a vpn.

Finally I now got my setup working - (1) I had to phone up and get the technician to reset some settings and force a re-install (resetting on my end did nothing alone) and (2) I had to login and authenticate netflix using the hub in router mode - only then could I switch back to modem mode, and set up my own router with its own dns settings and simply set up a policy routing so that the ip addresses of my 2 v6 boxes dont go through the vpn.

This seems to all be working for now...

In case of interest I also got told what the tech specs of the boxes are (am sure this is public) but in case not - 1.6ghz dual core processor, 1gb SSD (i was surprised too but apparently only £25 wholesale in their volumes), 3gb ddr ram, gigabit ethernet and AC/B/G/N. The previous tivo was 800mhz single core, sata drives, 1gb ram and 10mb cable modem.
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote