View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29   #90
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
and where is your credible source saying that you don't have one do you the fact is no way will VM pay the over the top asking price sky are asking for SA and sky have never dropped price on anything unless forced to by Ofcom SA aint coming anytime soon and another reason sky don't want to make VM better value than sky which it would be if sky give SA to VM no way sky will want to lose customers to VM and remember sky think SA is a big selling point in people choosing sky other other platforms SA will only go to now tv no where else
The Broadcast website has reported that Sky and Virgin are close to an agreement and there are other sources that have led me to my conclusion. I was just trying to make the point that it has not been reported anywhere to the best of my knowledge that Sky Atlantic is not coming to VM but your assertion was stated as fact. I respect that it may be your opinion.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Ongoing theme here. This is what I find so unprofessional about VM. it's not the not being able to get the channel saga. I understand they're trying to get us the channel on the best terms.

It's just the ongoing lies from the company about it all

"we'll have good news in a few days"
"dont do anything yet we have a break through"
"expect information by the end of the week"
"hold tight dont leave virgin yet we have an announcement soon"

Again i don't care if they thought they would have a deal soon but then it collapsed. DO NOT HINT AT ANYTHING IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY IT MAY NOT COME TRUE. It makes you look unprofessional, amateur, desperate/panicky to keep customers and makes the whole organisation look like its run by chuckles the clown.

Thats why i'm tempted to leave VM. i know they're trying to get us a good deal but its the amateur way they're calling me every day hinting at some sort of deal which quite clearly is never coming
A lot of people are thinking that way Vince, but the reality is that VM is in negotiations with BT and cannot say any more at the moment without jeopardising their negotiating position. I think VM are quietly confident that a deal will be done, but they cannot reveal their hand at this stage.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I still think virgin media shot themselves in the foot by selling their share in UkTV. They weren't that valuable but at least it gave them something to bring to the table.
Don't forget what they got in return for those channels from Sky. I think the sense of the strategy may make more sense to us in due course, but of course there is nothing to stop VM from commissioning other providers to give us new exclusive channels or programming if they want to do so.

I think VM realised that Sky's tactics meant that the price of new shows, etc would escalate rapidly as the two companies sought to get all the best programmes for their own channels. VM didn't have the resources to play Sky's game and in the end there would only be one winner.