Thread: Boxing 2012
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2012, 14:56   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Boxing 2012

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16450797.stm

Quote:
The World Boxing Association has confirmed it has ordered a rematch between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson.

Khan lost his WBA and IBF titles to Peterson in December and has questioned a number of aspects of the fight.

And WBA vice-president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza said: "I can confirm we have ordered a direct rematch."

Khan's promoter Richard Schaefer earlier revealed he had received a letter from the WBA notifying him of their decision.

Schaefer, chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions, told ESPN: "I'm thrilled that he's getting [the rematch] and hope we can start the negotiations and get the fight done.
Quote:
"The rematch will be one of the most anticipated fights of 2012 because both guys are exciting, young and I think it's exactly the kind of fight people want to see."

Peterson could though relinquish the WBA title by opting not to have a rematch.