View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 17:05   #1
buildermat
Inactive

buildermat is an unknown quantity at this point
virgin with old ntl cable? little worried

hi,i have been a sky customer for about 10-11 years,i recentley decided to go with virgin media(broadband,phone,tv) sky broadband was one of the main reason for this, my next door neighbour just had virgin put in aswell,we have seen virgin guys running a new cable for them and they installed a little box aswell connected to the their front wall,we got our dates now and they are coming next week! but on the phone we have been told that we already have a virgin cable!! the people who used to live in this house( 15 years ago) had NTL!! i just checked outside and yes we also have 1 of them boxes installed on our front wall! next door one is brand new,our looks about 15-20years old and it doesnt say virgin on it!!

i have been told by virgin that they will be using this box and old cables already there!!!! the only reason i changed to virgin is coz of fibre obtic broadband! would those old cables and the box i got there good enough for new virgin fibreobtic broadband or not! i mean i still have 5 days to cancell it all and im panicing abit!

could someone please help me what i should do? i dont want them cables if they dont support fibreobtic and i will be stuck with them 18months!!
any help would be greatfull
thanks
buildermat is offline   Reply With Quote