View Single Post
Old 28-10-2007, 20:00   #15
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Re: Free Criminal Record Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
You can't get a check on someone else without their permission. If it's for yourself (or you get the 3rd party's permission) then you still have to pay, I believe it's around £45.
When I was Taxi driving in Mansfield Russ I got whiff of someone who'd been given a badge by Mansfield Council who'd got 6 convictions for gross indecency against children plus he'd got loads of other convictions against him, the drivers kicked up a stink so I went on a mission, I got a hold of this guys CRB via a person who shall remain anon, anyway his forms came back to me and they were 4 pages long, he was also operating under a few different names, I took the forms to the Council, theuy asked me where I got them from? I didn't reveal my source but I told them if they let this guy carry on driving a taxi in Mansfield with his past convictions I'll go to the press and the local TV and radio stations, within 4 hours they'd revoked his badge and told him he couldn't drive a taxi in Mansfield, the Council phoned me up and told me that they'd revoked his badge, I'd already been to the press and given them copies of his enhanced CRB records check, It's easy when you know people in the right places