View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45   #5
darkrage
Inactive

Services: 100meg with L tv and XL phone.
darkrage is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UK Virgin Media phone number?

when u speak with them ask - if they say they are an indian tech then hang up and redial until you get thru to someone who says yes we are an english/scottish/welsh help desk thats what i do - this is due to me knowing they can not help me atleast with a uk help desk when im talking about packet loss or throttling or latency they understand what i mean and when they ask have u disconected your modem from your router and i reply yes been there done that they dont continue on explaining step by step how to disconnect my router - another thing is when i tell them that im getting severe packet loss on the bagu-t2cam1-b-v108.inet.ntl.com a uk rep knows that i have some knowledge in how these things work and actually asks questions that are on the same line that im moaning about.

anyway rant over lol i hope this helps a little

regarding ambc's comment - yes somethings techs cant help with but they can test the line for you and check if it is a prolem at their end maybe upping the freq of the modem for instance - if its a uk tech it costs alot less talking them and if it is their fault you get a full refund of the call instead of an indian tech who cant answer your question so they hang up or put you on hold saying they are transfering you to a colleague who can help then it hangs up - that has happened to me a few times another reason i dont want to speak with them.

lol now ranting over hope no one takes offence as this is purely my view from my experience with certain techs.
darkrage is offline   Reply With Quote