View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 20:36   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: BBC license change to cover catchup

yes it but I am not ordering you to give me money so that I can fund the National Geographic channel for schools and they aren't allowed to watch anything else.

They need to make BBC channels a bundle option just like movies and sports. They aren't included in the basis package but if you want them it is an extra £5/month. I think there was a news article about this on this forum a few years ago when VM and SKY did a deal. Sky owned the rights to a group of channels like Sky 1, Sky Living, and a few channels like the CBS channels. VM wanted them and Sky were going to charge them £X amount per user but they ended up doing a swap because VM owned a similar group of channels which Sky wanted to offer to their subscribers so they ended up doing a link for like swap.

They really need to get rid of the tv license. If you made people pay for it then you would really see how many people actually wanted it. There just isn't any value for money when you compare it to the quality and variety of programming offered by Sky. Think about all the US shows you gets on Sky 1, Atlantic, all the excellent stuff on scifi, the numerous music channels, international tv channels (you would be amazed how informative al jazerra and france 24 are) not to mentioned the Discovery Channel, National Geographic and Eden etc.

There is a reason why Sky, Virgin and BT tv services exist; terrestrial tv is crap.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote