View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 16:49   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BBC license change to cover catchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
BBC source

Change in law planned so close loophole whereby people who watch BBC other than live don't require a TV license - good thing too.
Good.

The law needs to catch up with technology.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
What a first class berk. If the web wasn't over the the top with ads it wouldn't be a problem. I don't mind 1 or 2 on a page, but some sites don't know where to stop.

That's reminded me to switch my ad-blocker back on; every Google upgrade seems to switch it off again !
The report also said:

Quote:
Mr Whittingdale said he would be meeting "representatives from all sides of the argument" in the coming weeks to discuss the issue, adding that he did not think ad-blockers should be banned.
It sounds to me as if he thinks the way forward is to show certain advertisers that their behaviour has been counterproductive.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote