View Single Post
Old 17-12-2008, 13:55   #210
smcaul
Inactive

Services: XL BB, Xl TV +Tivo, V+, VHD ,XL Phone, 1Gb Mobile BB, 3 x Virgin Mobiles
smcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Very mixed experiences with Virgin for me. Took out the BB and phone in the early summer as I wanted 20Mb service and was having poor service with my BT phone so moving to Virgin was an ideal solution. First install date gets cancelled without me being informed, being self employed that cost me a days pay! After much wrangling got my days wages repaid in full by Virgin as a "gesture of goodwill", then had problem with BB which took a bit of sorting but the CS agent I had dealing with it was excellent, well above the standard of even a good CS agent. Thanked him by writing to the Customer services MD.

Last week I had a V+ box installed so I can get rid of Sky, sales agent has lied about the price of the package so will be happily taking them to the small claims court if they do not agree to honour the price he stated, tried to argue with a senior manager over this before the install but he only offered for the install to go ahead and I pay £xx or he would cancel install (even though I had paid for it!!) which to me is bullying and breach of contract!!! So will be chasing this up in the next couple of days.

Monday night I lost all On Demand services from the V+, called up CS yesterday at midday (off shore call ctr) and they had an engineer out by 4pm, he found the fault but could not fix it as it was a network team issue, but he called the network team who said they would be out 1st thing this morning, and they were. By 9.30am today all working again and no problems.

So really quite mixed experiences, some very poor service, but equally some very, very good service - all they need to do now is sort out the best practice that obviously exists in the business and roll it out to the rest of the problem areas!

Oh, and one thing that really winds me up is the off shore call ctr's that use twice as many words as are needed in a conversation because they are forever telling you "I am here to help with that" "let me help you with that" and telling you 3 or 4 times what they have already said. Always reminds me of how were taught to write reports, tell them what you are going to say, tell them, tell them what you have said. But the Off shore call ctr take this to the extreme!!!!
smcaul is offline   Reply With Quote