View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 18:28   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Harrogate - Slow and intermittent

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
If he cant fix the fault then it needs escalating
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Of course, if the new shub does fix the problem, why waste everyone's time escalating it?

hmmm, I dont recall suggesting that it needs escalating regardless. I dont know what world you live in but if an engineer comes round and cant fix a problem then it makes sense to me that it would need escalating to be resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyc View Post
She said if he couldn't solve it he would leave me a new Superhub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
You are welcome to your opinion but your bias against the shub is obvious so I think that your opinion should be taken in that context.

yes it is and with good reason. That being said, it is still wrong to assume the shub is the solution to fix all problems; it is poor fault diagnosis. Although they vary slightly by vendor, there are industry standards set by companies like CompTIA, MS and Cisco which explain in detail the different stages you go though in a logical and methodical way to accurately identify, diagnose and fix faults and saying we'll send out a shub is just rubbish. I don't whine for the sake of it. If I thought the shub was the bees knees (like I do Linksys routers) then I would say that to everyone when asked. I do my best to provide positive and constructive advice to users who ask for it. If they choose to ignore my advice and possibly shoot themselves in the foot that is up to them. At the end of the day they come to this forum for help and I along with many other do my best to help.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote