View Single Post
Old 18-12-2019, 10:38   #106
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Welsh 16 year olds get the vote

To be fair, 16yr olds are still at school (or some are) so will be up. My concerns include those listed but add that 16-18 normally are not home owners or having to pay their own way so tend to vote on what's fair not what works. Now we need that balance, it's a fair point but it does usually weight the vote towards the left which doesn't seem right.

It's like saying we can't win over the existing voters so lets give the vote to a group of people who are more inclined to support us. Maybe we could start giving them the vote in local/region elections that may have a quicker period between policy and "pain". Better then to gauge the results of different party outlooks. Local elections can be of more interest to younger voters who want to see a difference they are making and impacts things that directly affect them that national/international policies, while important and followed, take longer and can be masked by responses of others.