View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 21:52   #264
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I suspect that you're being obtuse for the sake of it. The crawl to work comment was reported by both the Metro newspaper and Channel 5, but there may have been others.

The decision has been overturned and he is now eligible for ESA.

It's incorrect of you to assume that all wheelchair users can work because some are able to, you sound like a mouthpiece of this Government.

Assumptions are rarely correct and never helpful.
There is no reference to "crawl to work" on the Metro website or anywhere else. I did look at the time. At the time there was no sign of what you were going on about.

Where did I say all wheelchairs users? It is a FACT that being in a wheelchair by itself only gives 9 points. That was a result of independent advice given in 2009, ie under Labour.

Further research does indicate that he does suffer from other issues which would get the required 15 points. The loss of legs had been very recent which may be a factor in the original incorrect decision. Still puzzled as to how he got to the stage of having to claim JSA, when a Tribunal hearing would've sorted it out before that stage. You can claim ESA at the assessment rate up until the Tribunal hearing.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote