View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 20:02   #38
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: Hundreds attend protest after 3 cyclists killed on streets of London in under a w

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
If we were ever to go down the route of making cyclists pass tests and and get insurance at what age should that start ?

If we were ever to go down the route of making cyclists pass tests and get insurance how many would just say "sod this "and go and buy a car or a motorbike thus increasing the congestion .

Drivers and cyclists need educating it really is as simple as that
Cyclists have insurance; we are covered by (your) vehicle insurance.

I agree drivers need educating; their education is underway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
It might be nice if cyclists would stop riding on pavements/footpaths that are pedestrian only..Getting sick of being nearly mowed down by cyclists on the sea front promenade despite all the signs and 12 inch high no cycling signs painted in white on the footpath.
Better get used to sharing pavement space Maggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I have a street that I walk down to get the morning paper. It's one way east bound yet cyclists without lights and black clothing use it the wrong way on either side and then when the rat runners come hurtling down they veer onto the footpath. Madness! It's only a matter of time before one gets totalled.

Not a copper to be seen of course.
Even so, I'd bet the main highway is a lot more dangerous than the odd oncoming rat runner.

Last edited by Kursk; 13-02-2017 at 20:05.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote