Thread: New Build Woes
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 13:30   #50
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Re: New Build Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan.stevenson View Post
Ok, so we got installed on Friday. Guy seemed very unsure and took over two hours, but we have fibre now! Very happy with the broadband. TV probably we won't keep, but it was one of those deals where it's cheaper to have it than not! 🙄

My only slight concern is that he unwired our BT master socket and used that for the Virgin socket to maintain the extension wiring that was connected to the BT socket. Not sure that's standard - the BT cable now routes via the brown Virgin box externally. Not sure what's going on inside.

But I'm happy with the speed. It's a real relief to have first world internet!
That sounds good, as for the BT socket this is standard in new builds, they extension wiring always seems to be wired to the BT socket rather than the Virgin one.

As for the time, i'm sure that's because he had to work out how the wiring was done as no plans are provided to the installers... they have to work it out on the job
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote