Thread: Budget
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2017, 14:53   #54
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
But what do you do, when ALL three main parties have engaged in U-Turns?

The Liberal Democrats said they would not increase University Tuition fees, in 2010, they formed a Coalition government with the Tories and increased Tuition fees, Nick Clegg took years of beatings for that and I think ultimately is the reason the Lib Dems are down to just 9 Members of Parliament today.

Labour have done U-Turns, look when Labour abolished 10p in the Tax band, causing middle and low earners ending up paying way more tax, they did not bring it back but they made concessions in later Budgets take make up for their terrible decision.
I think failing to keep an election pledge is politically far worse than a u-turn. I do agree that a u-turn shows that the Government is listening to some extent.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote