View Single Post
Old 24-02-2017, 23:13   #26
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Business 5 IP subnet: Max speed and CPE options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by APS View Post
I had a call from VM Business who detected I had been on their website. I asked when the 5 IP offering was likely to be released and was told "the end of April". They then tried to sell me the single fixed IP offering.

Can anyone confirm if the single fixed IP is truely fixed and whether the modem can work as a transparent modem on that service, so it can be connected to a proper router?
The fixed IP service is genuinely fixed - the IP address is assigned to your account and you have a section in the Hitron config screens to enter that username & password.

In fixed IP mode- either single or multiple you are unable to switch to modem mode, so no the single fixed IP service is not suitable for a setup whereby that IP address needs to be on a router behind the Hitron. For that you need the routed subnet option.

I have that setup now and it's working very well.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote