View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 22:01   #3
cookie 73
Inactive

cookie 73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: connect v+ box to 2 tv's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
There are several methods you could use, either wired or wireless.

If you want to go down the wireless route, a video sender connected to the VCR scart is one method if you are happy to only get non HD content on the 2nd TV. If you do want HD, there are HD video senders on the market now, but they are expensive.

If you don't mind the wired route, the simplest connection is with an RF coax connection. If you have an SA V+ it has a modulator built in; if you have a Sammy V+ you will need an RF modulator connected to the VCR Scart on the V+. The output will be SD widescreen but with mono sound. If you do want HD you could buy an HDMI splitter and amp that will allow a decent run of cable to the second TV. Again, the HD option would be the more expensive of the two.
Hi nodrogd,

thanks for the suggestions, i will look into them, can i ask you what you mean by sa v+ and sammy v+, not sure what you mean? i have had a quote of £50 from virgin to install a
new box in the other room which would allow my daughter to watch different channels from me. Is this my best option as you say the other methods can be expensive. Thanks
cookie 73 is offline   Reply With Quote