View Single Post
Old 17-01-2013, 13:14   #1
TheWoodster
Inactive

Services: Tivo x 2 60mb Virgin 1 x bel
TheWoodster is an unknown quantity at this point
dos attack on my server

Hello guys (not forgetting girls)

I need some expert advice and having used cable forum for a while I know there are some knowledgable people on here.

I have a superhub, 50 meg broadband, I run a personal web server running windows server 2008, iis6, wordpress sites.

I have comodo firewall installed, recently it is blocking attack attempts on the server, however the level of attacks have increased so much that in one hour it had registered 3000 attempts, the number is like a ticking clock in the count upwards.

I appreciate that the attacks are being blocked however, the level of traffic thats coming in is now impacting on the functionality of the server.

My thinking is, 1. its an attack via my ip address or 2. via one of the several domain names i have setup.

I considered changing the ip address, but ive learnt that this isnt achieved very easily with the superhub on its own.
One option is to put the hub i modem mode with a router attached.
The problem there is, i dont want to go out and pay x amount for a router on the chance that it might not be an attack via the ip address.

Can anyone think of a solution i may have missed or am i stuck with this problem.

thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

btw the port they are now attacking is 53 - dns. hence the affect on the websites.
TheWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote