View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 21:15   #427
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yeah and it's not like there's any increasing racism and right wing extremism evident in Germany, Austria, France, Hungary, Greece, Holland, Poland, etc. etc.
There is also increasing right-wing extremism in America. We've seen it in Norway and the UK to lesser extents. There seems to be a far-right resurgence everywhere which I would put down to the aftermath of the 2008 crisis, a feeling of insecurity over increasing globalisation and in some cases cultural insecurity. I also think people who were always Nazish feel more confident expressing it. The internet has allowed these people to organise better and so on.

The EU feeds into the globalisation thing but I don't think the EU is the main driver, or even a large driver, of this far-right surge.

Last edited by Damien; 19-10-2017 at 21:26.