View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 18:06   #11
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Mind The Pay Gap? Tube Drivers 'To Get £55k'

Quote:
Seems there are lots of special deals in the public services

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ing-phone.html

I work in the public service myself and have always answered the phone when off duty for free ie no payment.
Except thats a lie or at best very selective journalism the kind of which I'd expect to see in the pages of the Daily Mail.

Quote:
The recall can include taking a short phone call "requiring a decision" when off-duty.

It means an experienced sergeant earning more than £40,000 a year would be given more than £100 for taking a call that might only last a few moments.
So someone at the very top of their wage bracket, who happens to be on-call such as a negotiator or firearms advisor, has to deal with something outwith their normal hours before the payment is triggered. It's not a blank cheque the second the phone rings.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote