Thread: TiVo Trial a TiVo?
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2014, 09:54   #9
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Trial a TiVo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Apologies if this has already been said, the Series stack removal was a BBC decision

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/news/p...4/iplayer.html
Thanks Ben - it's a perfectly valid point and I was waiting to hear what VM were going to do with this once the BBC had announced it.

What I think was downright "naughty" was the total lack of any communication from VM on this, the way they've removed HD-CatchUp at the same time but done it all in a "reactive" way and left it for people to call CS. Then have a reactive statement with some rubbish about "increasing choice of content on V+".

Just typical VM communication to be honest which has ceased surprising me anymore. I get that there'll be a technical explanation somewhere (putting all HD-OD onto MPEG4 perhaps?) but the whole thing just stinks of a marketing decision.

In which case...technically it worked and it has pushed me into TiVo. But with a slightly bad taste in the mouth. Hopefully once we've got through changeover day later this week I'll be less annoyed!
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote