View Single Post
Old 15-08-2017, 17:28   #2221
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Thank you for taking the trouble to explain this, buckeye. I am not sure I could cope with all that!

I hope the complexity of getting all of your watch lists in one place finally demonstrates to those who seem not to understand the problem that led me to conclude that if Virgin offered as many streaming services as possible, this would be attractive to subscribers and could be their USP.

I think this may bring forward my migration from pay tv to streaming services, but I'll bide my time for now.

LG's veto is seriously disappointing and lacks vision.
Purely conjecture on my part but I guess with Mr Malone having fingers in the content pie as well then if everything were available via apps it would cut into his profits for his other business's,
also VM wouldn't be able to generate profits by charging people for what they don't want in order to view the things they do want.

Unfortunately imho this country is always going to lag behind our American cousins unless the major content holders (Sky and BT) are forced to divest their platform business from their content as BT has been forced to do with Openreach recently.