View Single Post
Old 26-04-2012, 05:47   #9
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Should I Subscribe to 100Mb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero967 View Post
The only downsides to FTTC that i see in certain cases is that you have to pay for install (sometimes, depends on offer on day) if thru BT if not then its pay for install. Also don't really like BT anyway and the only one offering 80/10 on FTTC is BT and TalkTalk (Another company i cant stand)
There is no 80/10 on FTTC. There's 40/10 or 80/20.

80/20 on FTTC is offered by at least seven different ISPs.

Quote:
Not only this but BT FTTC tops out at 80Mb and uses existing Copper wire from the FTTC box (further away than the VM one) to get to me where as VM will take me 120MB and beyond and the box is amplified and closer to me (over the road), therefore futureproofing.....unless BT pull their finger out and decide to offer fiber to my door then thats when VM is int S*** street.
Wrong on every count. FTTC does not top out at 80mb.

The VM fibre cab is further than the BT FTTC box.

Unamplified fibre runs are better than amplified ones.

BT have already announced they *will* be offering fibre to your door.

Quote:
Can some other people confirm for 100% that there is "a 28 day happiness guarantee" whereby if during that time the service is not what i am getting (besides the STN and any other restrictions), i can cancel?
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/mone...guarantee.html

Page currently unavailable (but then the whole site is down at the moment) but that's where the info used to be.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote