View Single Post
Old 17-04-2009, 17:06   #13
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Slow filling cistern

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem, it's a push button type system, but it only started very suddenly, one day it was quick, next it takes about 20 mins. There are two valves, one on the copper pipe, then linked with a flex pipe to the cistern....Is it just a case of shutting off the water, taking the pipe off and seeing if it needs replacing? Ive never really played with this stuff but am pretty handy once i know roughly what im doing.

Thanks

Ian

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwell View Post
Hi Guys,

I have the same problem, it's a push button type system, but it only started very suddenly, one day it was quick, next it takes about 20 mins. There are two valves, one on the copper pipe, then linked with a flex pipe to the cistern....Is it just a case of shutting off the water, taking the pipe off and seeing if it needs replacing? Ive never really played with this stuff but am pretty handy once i know roughly what im doing.

Thanks

Ian
Scratch that, took it all apart and the filling mechanism has a split seal, can't find any though
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote