View Single Post
Old 27-06-2017, 18:12   #3149
Pbryanw
cf.addict

Services: Plusnet Fibre Broadband, Phone & TV
Pbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nicePbryanw is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Just to add - if the Wi-Fi wasn't working, you wouldn't have managed to get it installed in the first place.
Yep, it was just a bit strange. With the wi-fi connection, we waited for about two days for catch-up/on-demand to come through, but unfortunately no luck. I tried the "Connect to Virgin Media Servers" setting, and restarting the TiVo a few times during that period, but again no luck - maybe I should have given the box time to settle down instead of messing about with it. Eventually, my parents phoned Virgin, who said the box had no internet connection, and they were going to send someone out to take a look at it (now cancelled).

So, from the sounds of it it was probably due to my (maybe cack-handed) installation, rather than any problem to do with the V6 box. Could the fact I carried out the installation of the box, before activating it over the phone, have anything to do with it? Anyway, the V6 is now fully functional with the powerline adapters. And it's great to to see how the TiVo interface is so snappy on the new box.

Thanks for everyone's replies - I may try to switch back to wi-fi in the future just to see if everything continues to work.

Last edited by Pbryanw; 27-06-2017 at 18:30.
Pbryanw is offline   Reply With Quote