Thread: 300M Possible throttling
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 17:35   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Possible throttling

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleh View Post
I get 19.3 24/7 regardless of how much data is used.
no you don't. Some areas like mine are excellent for low utilisation and I can always get my full upload during the day no problem and in the evening right up and till I hit that magical number and it drops down to 50% or whatever it is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleh View Post
The fact that people are willing to accept these excuses are the reason no real investment is put into broadband within the UK.
It's not an excuse, it is the nature of how the technology works. There are x amount of channels providing x amount of bandwidth which is "shared" by x amount of people. If you don't like it move away from HFC and over to an Openreach provider.

Last edited by General Maximus; 10-06-2017 at 17:38.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote