View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 05:02   #225
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

One might infer that Kursk is a cyclist to some degree of devotion. The lycra brigade to which I am referring will hold up a stream of traffic on a two way (one lane) carriage way for miles out of sheer bloody mindedness. It is no wonder that some motorists might consider such cyclists to be "vermin.

One of Boris' follies was the East-West Cycle Way Route along the Thames embankment. A huge chunk of road was commandeered for cyclists so that for two hours at the start of the working day and two hours at the end, they can ride in safety whilst ignoring traffic lights particularly at pedestrian crossings. During the rest of the day, the cycle-way is empty but displaced traffic (now one lane) crawls all the way from Westminster Bridge to Tower Hill - no reversion to motor use during the off-peak.

At Tower Hill itself, there are three or four sets of pedestrian crossing lights. Of course, many/most cyclists stop at a red light; but the ones that don't, a noticeable percentage, are a danger to pedestrians and I've seen some incidents arising out of that - and well deserved too.

On country roads, where the lycra brigade like to assert their power to thwart motorists, they are indeed a scourge and even justify the vermin handle.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote