View Single Post
Old 28-09-2011, 16:00   #25
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: Freesat sales top 2 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I think ITV player is there if you have a PC connection. ( I maybe wrong.) But that is not convenient for everyone to set up. Never heard about the satalite platform. I miss my catch up too. But I have the recorder box which helps. Anything else I catch up on the net.
The pc connection is there,I can get BBCi player okay,it`s just ITV player that I can`t get. Apparently it`s only curently available on Humax boxes. What I don`t understand is why not on all Freesat boxes?

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Astra 1N is in orbit right now and should be just about to start commercial operations, if it hasn't already. After that it's up to broadcasters to sign contracts to use it.

That's not what's been holding up ITV 2/3/4 HD though. ITV has decided it's more lucrative to have the channels encrypted and take a cut of Sky's HD charge. That's why those channels are on Sky but not on Freesat.
This is typical of ITV these days,sheer greedy. Years ago they made a bad investment (ITV digitals football deal) and ever since they`ve been trying to make up the loss through the viewers.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote