Thread: 100M 200 Mb/s Broadband.
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 06:24   #15
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 200 Mb/s Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
So you think they will add another package which will be 240 Mb/s, even though they were only testing 200 Mb/s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Funny how you used to have enough faith in VM you thought they might - just might - even manage to make 400mbps run properly on 8 downstream channels.
You might recall that I was in the Coventry 200Mb trial group. From that group I was selected to have a modem configured for 8 bonded channels down, 2 up. I achieved 380Mb, but this was because the head end had only been set for 385Mb down/ 25Mb up. By then the trial had been relabeled 'proof of concept trial'. The trial co-ordinator was satisfied that 400Mb+ could have been achieved. Granted, that this was on a dedicated pipe with 1Gb in reserve if needed. The reserve was never needed though.

---------- Post added at 06:24 ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 ----------
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote