Thread: General UK call centre
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 21:04   #14
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: UK call centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Funny that isn't it?

I'd gladly pay more for a service if I knew it didn't come with Indian callcentres. I dread ever having to call Amazon's customer "service".

And before it gets suggested that I'm racist, my son is half Indian.

Whenever I've had to call VM tech support my heart sinks if the call gets picked up in India. I can say categorically I have never had a tech problem sorted when I was put through to someone in India.

Never had an issue when I get through to the UK.
You're right about Amazon I had a saga with them a few years ago. Scripted nonsense that didn't address the issue at all and left you back at square one.
It's not just Indian centres that are a problem, it's any where English isn't the first language or where scripts have to be adhered to (which usually equates to poor training). Some English call centres (BT spring to mind) leave a lot to be desired also.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote