View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 23:14   #1988
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Even the Murdoch press is now happy to reveal the true negotiating "abilities" of Trump. My take-away is his lack of understanding of the other countries' likely reactions when he puts his demands to them, as well as not understanding the basic issues.
The Times: Transcripts reveal president pleading, angry and confused
Quote:
In a call with President Enrique Peņa Nieto, he describes his vow to make Mexico pay for a border wall as a growing political problem, and begging Mr Peņa Nieto to “stop talking about the wall.” The Mexican president has repeatedly said Mexico will not pay for the wall.
“You cannot say that to the press,” Mr Trump says. “We should both say, ‘We will work it out.’ It will work out in the formula somehow,” he said. Mr Trump veers sharply between sweet talk and invective, blaming Mexico for America’s drug epidemic before pledging: “It is you and I against the world, Enrique, do not forget.”
...Australia does not admit any refugees or migrants reaching its shores by boat in a bid to deter people smuggling.
Mr Trump struggles to understand the deal despite Mr Turnbull’s repeated efforts to explain it. Mr Trump had just issued the first of his executive orders seeking to ban migrants and refugees from a number of Muslim countries.
Mr Turnbull explains they are economic refugees, not from any of the banned countries, and that the US can vet and turn away any it believes are dangerous. He adds they have not been detained because they are criminals but because of Australia’s policy. Mr Trump is unconvinced.
“I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad,” he said.
“That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people.” He goes on: “What is the thing with boats? Why do you discriminate against boats?”
Mr Turnbull refuses to budge, telling Mr Trump he will honour the deal, and the phone call ends in acrimony. “I have had it,” Mr Trump fumes. “I have been making these calls all day and this is the most unpleasant call all day. Putin was a pleasant call. This is ridiculous.”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/w...used-pnvbjs5d8

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
She's donated a lot more than that I think, the figure is from 2012 and last year she was one of the biggest givers again: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uses-year.html

But you can't win, here is someone who produced a remarkable British success story, whose work has been a massive cultural benefit to Britain and increased tourism and donates millions and millions to charity each year but she'll still be a hypocrite and greedy. People seem incapable of believing other people can be nice, generous and have decent intent.
It's the British disease, knock people who have become successful whilst at the other end of the spectrum, criticise those on benefits for being lazy and a drag on society. Ironically, JK Rowling has been both.