View Single Post
Old 13-02-2008, 21:47   #4
Losttheplot

Re: SKY and Channel 4+1 pixelation (Various other channels too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by owin View Post

I've had a Sky engineer and senior engineer out last weekend and they have both changed the receiver. dish, LNB and cable to new items, so it isn't faulty equipment, or doesn't appear to be. The senior engineer suggest a new Sky card which is now in place and "paired to the machine", but the fault still persists. The engineers, both normal and seniors are baffled by this.

Does anyone have any ides as to what can be causing the problem, or have the same problem?
Actually I missed this bit about 'engineers'. Its extremely unlikely they were engineers. The installers aren't engineers, they have no engineering qualifications. They get maybe a couple of weeks training. His area supervisor was probably the second visitor. No sign of any test equipment (spectrum analysers etc).
Sorry, but this is a bit of a bugbear of mine. An engineer has in depth knowledge of his field, mainly through years of experience, and with a sound academic grounding to help the understanding. An engineer would have found the interference you mentioned, an installer would not have had the tools.

Anyway, what kids channels still have issues, and have you tried removing batteries for the DECT handsets?