View Single Post
Old 21-10-2017, 14:34   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BBC Wales to go fully HD.

BBC One began simulcasting the national variants of BBC One in HD in 2012-13. On Freesat at least, BBC One Scotland HD has been assigned to channel 101 since launch. I understand they are doing a phased roll-out of English regional variants this year and next.

So BBC One Wales HD does exist and can be viewed without changing channel. However I don't know how VM have implemented this. What your friend is saying doesn't seem to make sense though. I can't see why VM wouldn't have put BBC One Wales HD in EPG slot 101 years ago.

---------- Post added at 14:26 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Threads merged

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

Reading your items about NI and Wales together, I wonder whether the issue is that the local newsrooms haven't been equipped with HD cameras, and so are issuing bulletins in SD even though they're putting them onto an HD channel? That isn't the case in Scotland, but then BBC Scotland moved to new premises in 2007 so they may have equipped it for HD from the outset.

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:29 ----------

... and you've said as much in the Freesat and Freeview threads. This clearly in neither a VM, nor Freesat, nor a Freeview issue, but a matter of BBC resourcing its regional operations (or not resourcing them, as the case may be) I'd be grateful if you could stop prompting what is essentially the same conversation in multiple locations.

Thread closed

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Lots of posts merged, thread reopened. Please behave, there was no need for this and I've got other things to do this afternoon.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote