Thread: VM Business New VM Business service - 350Mb
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2017, 15:24   #47
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

Regarding my posts above relating to slow speeds on the 350 Mb/s service (with 5 fixed IPs) My original fault report seemed to have gone astray because I was sent a text message saying all the lines tests were OK and requested I sent some speedtest results to a specific VM email address. After more than a week I never heard anymore so I phoned in. I was given another fault ref no. and this time I told them the results of numerous speed tests over the phone.

I was phoned back by 2nd level support who doubted the speeds we are seeing was a network software issue, primarily because occasionally (early morning and late afternoon) we get speeds approaching 200 M/s. He sent out an engineer who did his own speed tests mid-morning. Speeds ranged from 20-50 Mb/s! No other fault found.

He spoke to someone back in the office who went back to the broken network software story for the multiple fixed IP setup and said a fix might happen sometime in August or September, so later than promised before.

I think it is time for a call to demand compensation.
APS is offline   Reply With Quote