View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 18:12   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Freesat set-up: an introduction, with photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losttheplot View Post
The Beebs feeds are same on Sky and Freesat (its the same transponder like C4 now) so probably why the Freesat and Sky interactive look the same.
I know C4 had a London region broadcasting FTA for a quite a while but I think the 6 regions only became available in the last few weeks.
I wonder if the Freesat system will allow triggers to update an overrunning programming (like Sky's) or will be set (like Virgins)?

Not sure I'd be happy with a Goodmans box though, not exactly known for long lasting reliable products!
It's a bargain basement product, but it's for a holiday flat so it's only going to get a few weeks' use per year - not really worth spending much on it.

Regarding the look and feel of the interactive stuff, I think that is dictated by the screen designer rather than what transponder the TV channel comes from.

In fact I think there must be separate transponders for BBCi on Freesat and on Sky because isn't the whole interactive thing dictated by the software in the box? Freesat doesn't use the same one as Sky.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote