View Single Post
Old 17-03-2017, 23:55   #2746
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

To her credit, Theresa May was last year talking about the issues of Brexit and Scottish devolution...

"If Brexit isn’t fatal to the European Union, we might find that it is fatal to the Union with Scotland. The SNP have already said that in the event that Britain votes to leave but Scotland votes to remain in the EU, they will press for another Scottish independence referendum.
"And the opinion polls show consistently that the Scottish people are more likely to be in favour of EU membership than the people of England and Wales.
“If the people of Scotland are forced to choose between the United Kingdom and the European Union we do not know what the result would be.
"But only a little more than eighteen months after the referendum that kept the United Kingdom together, I do not want to see the country I love at risk of dismemberment once more.
"I do not want the people of Scotland to think that English Eurosceptics put their dislike of Brussels ahead of our bond with Edinburgh and Glasgow.
"I do not want the European Union to cause the destruction of an older and much more precious Union, the Union between England and Scotland…
“We should remain in the EU.”
http://www.conservativehome.com/parl...-full-text.htm
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote