View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 00:39   #1361
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I agree with you in principle, that said, things have come a long way from 60 years ago, including personalities, it is ignorant to suggest a country won't consider launching a nuke or two if under duress.

North Korea, keeps threatening to nuke the US saying it is working on the possibility of a Nuclear missile capable of reaching the US. However, such threats, are just brushed off as the usual rhetoric from them.

Yes I agree, it is in extreme circumstances, but as I already said, a country, like Russia, with such capability and that was put under duress, through a military attack, I doubt would just look at it's nuclear arsenal and forget about using them.
Because there is no feasible plan of action at the present time. It's brushed off because it at present isn't an issue large enough to consider solving. It will become an issue though and then they will have to deal with it eventually. I'm confident North Korea would launch a nuke if they had the capability. There's a no win scenario with them now or in the future.

Everyone that has Nukes has every possibility of using them. It's easier to see it that way. Although the most likely first launch will be North Korea or a launch via cyber attack (See 2010 '45' minute incident)

Quote:
Commanders at a U.S. Air Force base in Wyoming lost most forms of command, control, and security monitoring over 50 nuclear ICBMs for approximately 45 minutes.
Quote:
Former Air Force launch officer Bruce G. Blair expressed concerns that missiles in this status could be vulnerable to launch attempts by hackers or compromised missile crews