View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 15:42   #163
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
.... and let's hope females stalking males are treated equally under the law. I heard Amber Rudd being interviewed about this and once again you could be forgiven for thinking that men are ever victims of this sort of thing. Quelle surprise...
A Daily Mail article today says that 1/3 of victims of domestic violence are men.

It's also worth noting that domestic violence doesn't have to be in the form of physical attacks.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I hope due process is done before action is taken, there seems to be an ever increasing number of 'peculiar' people about petty & vindictive enough to set people up

especially as this is the penalty.
I can't see this being much of a problem. All a person who feels that they are being stalked, harassed etc has to do is ask them to stop contacting or referring to them via any medium because it's upsetting them.

If they continue, then it's clear that they are deliberately doing it and should face the full impact of the law.

For example, a man may wish the attentions of a woman. He may not even realise that contacting her on internet forums/social networking sites et al, sending texts, writing to her, ringing her, calling round etc is a problem and may not be intentionally making a nuisance of himself.

However, if he continues after the woman has clearly stated that the attention is unwanted, that's when the law will come into play.

This law will be useful for allsorts of situations, not just cases of harassment towards women, minority groups etc.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote