View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017, 09:13   #11
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough
Re: Business Broadband Static IP

I am sorry but I will have to disagree with ccarmock. We are one of many (I am told) that is affected by an issue with corrupted packets and consequent very poor performance that is a known network issue and which only affects the fixed IP option on the 350 Mb service.

This is supposed to be being fixed in July or August or it could be September, depending on who you speak to. I have been offered a refund for the poor service to be paid once they have fixed the problem (their terms not mine).

The only known fix, it seems, is to downgrade to dynamic IP addresses. This is not an issue that is anything related to the modem or the local network, all of which have been checked out several times for us. It seems the problem only became apparent as they took more and more users onto the new fixed IP offering.

I am guessing that ccarmock may not be seeing the problem either because of his locality or because he was on a beta trial of the service data may enter the network via a different route and perhaps he is also on a beta trial of the new network firmware without knowing it.

If I were you I would only sign up if they can give you a guaranteed date for the fixed to the known broken packet issue.
APS is offline   Reply With Quote