View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 13:17   #1835
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Didn't Farron get caught out at one of the Leader Q&A's this time around by constantly referring to a 1p rise in tax which implied a 1 p(enny) rise to voters but really he meant 1p(ercent)? The sneaky barsteward.
Possibly, although as I have noted elsewhere (possibly on this forum as well, but I cannot be bothered to look), thanks largely to the "news" media's determination to spend their time attacking Jeremy Corbyn or Theresa May rather than actually, you know, giving us the news, I've had difficulty finding out exactly what Tim Farron (or any other Lib Dem) has said about anything beyond homosexuality.

That said, if he actually said "1 p in the pound" (which is how they often describe the tax right), it's entirely possible the media just left off the "in the pound" bit. Of course, it's possible he did that as well.