View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 10:21   #1832
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
One thing I will say about social care is this working in the NHS I see loads of patients come through that need social care packages that cost a fortune.

The peoples families don't want houses sold to fund it fair enough.

And neither do people want to pay more tax to fund it , caller after caller in the election phone ins to LBC said just that.

They were right to tackle social care as lots of people want it but nobody seemingly wants to pay.

A Exit with an agreement not to impose tariffs would be something no other country has negotiated thus far,even Norway and Switzerland whilst not being EU members have to pay into the pot for the EU access they get.
That's one major problem that is at the heart of our social and health care problems. Good social and health care costs money, whether it is provided by the state or a private company.

The problem comes because people want the good care, but as soon as you mention that it'll cost them a few more pence in the pound in tax, they start complaining about "rip off Britain", and in the next election vote for the party that says they are going to reduce tax.

I remember a few years ago, the Lib Dems were campaigning for an election. They outlined some excellent looking plans for improving various aspects of our lives. Then said they would have to raise Income Tax by 1 or 2p in the pound. The Tories said they would cut income tax and won the election.