View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 18:55   #352
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
H'mm. If the independent tribunals keep coming to the wrong conclusion, maybe we should be insisting on referring these to the ECJ.

Not.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

I don't know whether this is the lottery some claim, or whether people are just annoyed that their benefits are being terminated.

The problem is, that there are so many people abusing the system. The issue is how to get the balance right.

I would not wish any genuine claimant to lose out, but we do need to stop paying out taxpayer's money to those who are claiming under false pretences.
Have you got proof of this wildly exaggerated statement OB?.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

Quote:
H'mm. If the independent tribunals keep coming to the wrong conclusion, maybe we should be insisting on referring these to the ECJ.

Not.

I don't know whether this is the lottery some claim, or whether people are just annoyed that their benefits are being terminated.

The problem is, that there are so many people abusing the system. The issue is how to get the balance right.

I would not wish any genuine claimant to lose out, but we do need to stop paying out taxpayer's money to those who are claiming under false pretences.
While there is a small minority that cheat the system the vast majority of claimants are genuine unless you read the usual demonising culprits of our so called media OB.

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Quote:

Not.

I would not wish any genuine claimant to lose out, but we do need to stop paying out taxpayer's money to those who are claiming under false pretences
Anybody who cheats the system should have to face the full wrath of the law IMO.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Absolutely 100% spot on Old Boy. However, you risk being lynched here for even expressing such a heinous suggestion. The very mention of benefit controls sends lots of people into a flat spin. Enjoy
Nothing of the sort as we know there is a small minority that cheat the system just like other society systems but don't exaggerate it like you usually do.