View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 16:06   #1230
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I live in a nice block and many properties around here are the same as mine, but the management companies simply refuse to allow satellite dishes to be erected (I assume as everywhere here is fully cabled up they all have agreements with VM to not allow dishes for a certain number of years).

I doubt that is the case, but you never know. My block of flats was cabled up many years go, but there is absolutely no restriction on Sky being installed. However it should be installed as a communal dish feeding the flats, and the install company will require a minimum number of flats to sign up for it before installing.

I understand that local bylaws prevent multiple dishes being installed in blocks of flats, hence the communal dish requirement. Around here, people ignore those bylaws and install an individual dish if they want Sky.

I'm not sure how your flats work, but here, we employ the management company to handle routine maintenance etc. so they have no right to prevent us going down the communal dish path if we wanted to.