View Single Post
Old 19-03-2010, 20:34   #5
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki
Re: PS3 advice needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
2. - I dont fully understand the question sorry.
Erm well I have just a normal hd tv and when i've watched say a mkv through the tv that has 6channel sound (or similar) it sounds awful because of it not being downmixed into 2 channels so basically im asking if blu-rays sound fine if your not using a surround sound speaker system.

Thank you so, so, so much for answering my questions, sounds like the ps3 will be ideal for what I want it for

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
You can use this, handy for ps3 owners, lets you explore your pc from ps3, stream movies etc. ps3 media server will transcode a downloaded HD movie, which are usually in .mkv format and unplayable on ps3. You can even copy the transcoded movie to your ps3 hard drive. Saw this on another forum and I love it
http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/
Excellent thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
inFamous is certainly a game you'll like if Crackdown and Prototype were games you liked. When you say HDD, do you mean external? If so then yeah as long as it's formatted to the correct type. I'm always using mine and hardly have any problems. I'd also recommend PS3 Media Server. When I first got my PS3, I didn't really like the online but over the last year it has been improving a lot, and it can't be faulted considering it's free.
I'll buy inFamous then And yeah I meant external as i've a 1tb one full of xvids I have converted from dvd.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

One more question I can buy a 250gb slim for £215 with one game (selected instore game) from a local computer game chain.....is that a decent price?
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote