View Single Post
Old 19-03-2010, 17:00   #1
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki
PS3 advice needed.

My girlfriend wants a blu-ray player and a wdtv player for the bedroom so what I planned on doing was to get a ps3 instead and I have a few questions:-

1 - Is the blu-ray player on the ps3 as good as the stand alone players?

2 - I have a normal hd player and no external speakers so I was wondering does the ps3 downmix the audio out so that it plays out of the two speakers when watching blu-ray (as they must be 7.1 right)?

3 - Erm can they play dvd? (don't shoot me for asking this one I genuinely don't know).

4 - Can you just plug in a hdd and watch your videos from there?

5 - Can the ps3 run xvid avi files (encoded with mp3 sound)?

6 - Are the slims better than the fat ones?

7 - Is the online as good as xbox live?

8 - Are there any similar games to crackdown/prototype?

I've tried to google this just I keep getting different opinions and no confirmed answer so I went into gamestation today and I go a resounding "No" to all of my questions which didn't seem right to me, so im asking you lot as your normally more well informed

Thanks
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote